Monday, November 29, 2010

How To Live A Happy Life


I am going through the most difficult time in my life right now. I have strived for this kind of normal and simplistic approach to life but what may sound easy to one person is difficult to another. I am tethered to a conditioning of life experiences that keep me from producing success in areas of life that most people find simple and at ease with.
I am trying to change all of this.
I try and try and fail and fail.
When I paint or draw or play music or write, I create places of sanctuary where there is no one but me and the sound of reflection. Places of safety and peace and contentment. Places where failure doesn't occur.
This blog is a kind of invitation, an invitation to share some of those places with others.
You're invited.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Gregory- I grew up in New York, so that jaded part of me looked at your video and rolled my eyes. But after the first frame you had me. It's a lovely, direct and clear statement. Thanks for making it so concise and convincing. But it is not an easy goal. It takes toughness and fortitude to remember this simplicity when so much chaos is around you. Best wishes on your worthy journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't make the video. I am so glad someone did though. Thank you for taking a look. I wish I knew who made it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the video had a lot of positive messages on how to keep focused. Life is not easy and we each have to find our own path. Your blog always brings to me moments in the countryside. I am always reminded of the south of England where I mostly grew up when I see your paintings. All that lovely green with trees and grey blue skies. Often reminds me of the world of music of Vaughan Williams 'Lark Ascending' to name one of his works. All the best and I hope you find your inner peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Caroline. I am working extremely hard to change things long term.
    I am grateful that the images on my blog give you something beautiful to reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good video man. I know what you mean about failure too! But can you look back and see that each failure has brought you a fews steps closer to where you want to be?

    By the way, I love the little sketches you have been doing. Are they just pen and a quick bit of water color?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The failures have actually driven me further away from where I want to be. I have struggled to get to what others refer to as normal.

    The little sketches are exactly as you described.
    Thanks for looking Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete